Wednesday 3 March 2010

Second Quilt

Spring is here at last and I have planted some seeds! Tomatoes, peppers, aubergines, chillis, artichokes and onions are all sitting happily on my kitchen window sill and I am waiting (not very) patiently for them to grow. I also have a lovely pot of hyacinths by the back door, which I think smell gorgeously of Spring.

I have made a second quilt and listed in my ebay shop to see how it goes. I did a bit more applique on this one and trimmed it with gingham ribbon and pink ric rac braid. (Not sure you can see it that well in these pictures though.)



It is made with a mini pink polka dot fabric, embroiderie anglais in pink and cream, red gingham, Laura Ashley Polka Dot in Eau de Nil and Cath Kidston's Little Rose, which is a really cute fabric.


I'm pleased with this one, the colours have come out well. I might try a boy's one next to make a change from all the pink!

2 comments:

  1. This is stunning. I love the grey you have used.
    Have fun,
    Rachael XX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rachael, thanks! It does look grey in the photo but it's more green in real life! I think eau de nil looks different in different lights! xxx :0)

    ReplyDelete