Friday 31 July 2009

The weather has been so dire, I have been closeted in my sewing room for almost the whole week. I decided to work on some new bunting designs incorporating applique lettering. Each letter is sewn arond with the 'blanket stitch' on my sewing macine. Using a different coloured thread makes it stand out even more. I thought the neutral shades would look good in a baby's room and the red is great for a little boy.






Also, I made some mini bunting, which I think looks so cute. The star fabric is from Cath Kidston, I bought it a while ago but couldn't decide how to use it. I think it looks great with the different coloured ginghams. I could see this in a playroom or at a summer birthday party.




The sun is shining again today, so I'm going into the garden to do a bit of scribbling in my sketchbook. I'm feeling in a drawing mood today. Perhaps being out in the sun will make me feel inspired.

No comments:

Post a Comment